Goals, man.

(In my head it sounded like the "Chicks, man" voice over on The Soup... never mind.)

So, yeah. Goals. I have some. I sort of-maybe-partially explained the main ones in my last post, but I need to get specific and down to the nitty gritty.

Or something like that.

The Fifteen Pound Goal is crucial to my everlasting happiness (hence, the capitalization as it is now a proper noun). Have I ever sounded more like a girl? I think not. I don't know why I'm convinced that this will make all of the baby weight difference, and yes, my reasoning may be deeply flawed and a product of glittery fairies from In Your Dreams Land, but (in my mind) it's all very true.

Over the last few years I've watched some of my friends become pregnant, gain bajillions of pounds despite their overwhelming desire and determination not to, deliver, then subsequently fight the baby weight like _insert some famous boxer versus another famous boxer here_.

I am trying to learn from the mistakes of others. It's why mistakes are made, after all.

My brilliant plan is to lose all of the weight that I want to lose (fifteen pounds... in case you missed it), so that I am BELOW my goal weight when I get pregnant.

I'll give you a moment to let that one sink in.

Brilliant, right? Aw yeah.

I'm not now, nor have I ever been a stick person. I believe I am genetically predisposed to a non-stick lifestyle. I'm 5'9", after all. I've weighed as little as 130 pounds (in college, and there may have been a slight eating disorder situation as a result of living in a house of 30 girls and lots of peer pressure), and I looked five kinds of wrong. I don't want to have a bobble head ever again, y'all.

Right now I weigh 160 lbs, which is well within my healthy weight range. My happy life weight is 150. At 150 lbs I am a comfortable size 6, and at 5'9", a size 6 is perfect (for me). So my happy pre-pregnancy weight is 145 pounds. Make sense?

Fifteen Pounds, man. I can do it!

The problem is that I suffer from a common ailment called Laziness. You may have heard of it. It prevents me from doing things like putting forth effort. And wouldn't you know that that makes working out difficult.

Life is hard.

But I am resolved. Resolved. It's the word of the month (months). I will prevail because (in my mind) I'm good enough, I'm smart enough... and however else that saying goes.

Can I get an Amen?

0 comments:

Post a Comment